Reporting Entity Contact Change Request
Jurisdictions/Reporting Entities may manage their own contact information in the Local Government Information Center (LoGIC) application via a secure Web interface. Users will need a WebPass, which can be created or managed through the CalRecycle WebPass site .
Alternatively, jurisdiction staff may complete and submit the contact change request form below to inform CalRecycle of jurisdiction’s staff contact information changes. CalRecycle's Local Assistance and Market Development (LAMD) Branch staff will process the request to have the changes made in LoGIC.
Before You Start
Review your jurisdiction's contact information on the Local Assistance and Market Development Contact Search page . Check for details such as the number of Official Jurisdiction Contacts (a maximum of three are allowed) and the complete name of the jurisdiction (for example, either “Alameda" [city] or “Alameda-Unincorporated”). Confirming your jurisdiction's contact details ahead of time helps to ensure that your changes are made accurately and completely the first time. This effort will enable us to assist you efficiently and post your revisions quickly in the LoGIC database.
Information on Contact Types and Roles
Note: LoGIC contacts are not the same as subscribers to the Local Jurisdiction Interested Parties Listserv. Listserv subscribers may manage their subscriptions via CalRecycle’s Listservs home page.
There are three types of contacts--Jurisdiction, Annual Report, and SLCP Designated Contacts. To further define the contact type, contacts are assigned roles--Primary, Official, and/or General. (Note SLCP Designated Contacts are only updated for Primary and Official types per 14 CCR Section 18994.2(b).
This individual is
generally high level and is responsible for the overall
implementation of AB 939. This individual has the authority
to delegate program management to their staff. This individual
also receives official notifications of AB 939 actions,
including compliance notifications. Examples of a Primary
Jurisdiction Contact are the Mayor, Board Chair, and County
Executive Officer. This individual will be sent the
official notification for the Electronic Annual Report (EAR), but
will not necessarily be sent the EAR access letter.
- Rule: Each Reporting Entity may have only one Primary Jurisdiction Contact.
Official: This individual is an employee of the
Reporting Entity and may be the same individual as the Primary.
Most likely, this individual is the facilitator and is
responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of AB
939 programs. This individual also receives the official
notification of AB 939 actions, including compliance
notification. This person may serve in the capacity of the
titles listed under Primary Jurisdiction Contact as well as the
City Manager, Public Works Director and other jurisdiction
- Rule: Each Reporting Entity may have up to three Official Jurisdiction Contacts.
- General: These individuals may include Reporting Entity staff, consultants, and also other external stakeholders of the jurisdiction. These individuals may not necessarily be responsible for complying with the requirements of AB 939; however, these contacts may receive general correspondence on programs with respect to AB 939. The Reporting Entity may list an unlimited number of General Jurisdiction Contacts who may or may not have access to LoGIC.
Annual Report Contacts
Primary: This individual is an employee of
the Reporting Entity and is the go-to person regarding the EAR
process. This individual is the authority and is responsible for the
completion and submission of the EAR.
- Rule: Every Reporting Entity may have only one Primary Annual Report Contact.
- Exception: Regional Agency (RA) members may jointly implement waste management programs and report to CalRecycle as one entity. Therefore, RA members are not required to provide a Primary Annual Report Contact. If an RA member does provide a Primary Annual Report Contact, this individual will also be listed as a General Annual Report Contact with the RA account for the purposes of viewing the annual report.
Official: This individual works as an employee of the Reporting Entity and may also require access to
the EAR. This individual may be the City Manager, Public Works
Director, or other staff of the Reporting Entity.
- Rule: Every Reporting Entity may have up to three Official Annual Report Contacts.
- Rule: RA members are required to list an Official Annual Report Contact if a Primary Annual Report Contact has not been indicated. This Official Annual Report Contact will also be listed as a General Annual Report Contact with the RA for the purposes of viewing the annual report.
- General: This individual is an employee of the Reporting Entity or an affiliate of the Reporting Entity on various subjects serving in the capacity as a consultant or a solid waste company representative. This individual does not receive official correspondence. The Reporting Entity may list an unlimited number of these individuals, who may or may not have access to the EAR.
SLCP Designated Contacts
Primary: Employee of the jurisdiction that the jurisdiction has designated
as the primary contact person for the purposes of receiving communications regarding compliance
with Short-Lived Climate Pollutants Regulations.
- Rule: Every Reporting Entity may have only one Primary SLCP Designated Contact, except regional agencies that should not have Designated SLCP Contacts.
Official: The agent designated by the jurisdiction for the receipt of service of process
from the Department for the purposes of enforcement of Short-Lived Climate Pollutants Regulations if different
from Primary SLCP Designated Contact above.
- Rule: Every Reporting Entity may have only one Official SLCP Designated Contact, except regional agencies that should not have Designated SLCP Contacts.
Note: If a user request to be added as a SB 1383 contact, CalRecycle will require confirmations from the existing SLCP contacts to make the change. If those contacts are not available, confirmation from Jurisdiction Official contacts will be required.
Change Request Form
- Fields marked with a red asterisk (*) must be completed. Depending on the action requested, other fields may need to be completed.
- One Reporting Entity Change Request form must be completed and submitted for each Contact.
- Multiple Change Requests may be submitted for the same reporting entity. After submitting the first request, select your browser's back button to return to the form with the information that was previously entered and then revise applicable fields. The "Clear Form" button may also be selected to empty the form, if preferred. Remember to select the "Submit" button upon completing the form to conclude the process for each request.
Contact for questions: firstname.lastname@example.org