Local Government Waste Tire Amnesty Grant Program
CalRecycle oversees a competitive grant program to provide funding for tire collection events for the public.
- These grants are not intended for the disposal of waste tires from waste tire generating businesses.
- Amnesty events allow citizens to bring waste tires to convenient locations for proper management.
- Events could also consist of a coupon program that allows citizens to bring in waste tires on specified days.
- This grant has a 2-year grant term and is offered in odd years.
Eligible applicants are:
- Local Governments (cities, counties, or cities and counties)
- Special Districts
- Qualifying Native American Tribes
- Joint Powers Authorities (JPA) as an eligible entity (where all participating entities are otherwise eligible).
Subscribers will receive periodic email notifications about funding availability and important deadline dates. Local Government Waste Tire Amnesty Grant Program
Note: Do not provide what you would consider to be personal information when you sign up for a listserv because the information is subject to Public Records Act requests.
If you have a spam filter, be sure to add the "Cathy.Aggergaard@CalRecycle.ca.gov" email to your allowable addresses.
If you have questions about this program, please contact the "Local Government Waste Tire Amnesty Grant Program" staff at Cathy.Aggergaard@CalRecycle.ca.gov.