State Agency Waste Management Annual Reports (SARC)

The State Agency Reporting Center (SARC) tracks the information in the integrated waste management plans and annual reports submitted by state agencies and large state facilities. Annual Reports are due by May 1 of each year covering activities conducted during the prior calendar year. Search the database to learn more about a particular agency's waste diversion programs.

As of January 1, 2015, California district agricultural associations (DAA) are excluded from the definition of "state agency" for purposes of the provisions in Public Resources Code Section 42926 (d), and are no longer required to submit an annual state agency waste management report to CalRecycle. Learn more.... However, each DAA is required to maintain and monitor its waste diversion programs and activities to ensure adherence to the diversion requirements for State entities under AB 75 (Strom-Martin, Chapter 764, Statutes of 1999), AB 341 (Chesbro, Chapter 476, Statutes of 2011), SB 1016 (Wiggins, Chapter 343, Statutes of 2008), and PRC 42920-42926. See State Agency Laws and Regulations for more information on diversion and recycled content purchasing requirements.

    The following table was tested using Chrome browser and NVDA.For NVDA users, enable Focus Mode to navigate the following table with selectable items.Or, press the Tab key to enter table and navigate cells using arrow keys.You may also use AudioEye’s Toolbar player that will announce table contents. If you are having trouble reading the table, please use the Export To Excel button to download to Excel.

     Agency NameCityZIP Code
    • 1
    • 1
    items per pageNo items to display

    You can find out more about state agencies' waste diversion efforts at our State Agency site. To learn more about state agencies' recycled-product procurement efforts and reporting, visit our State Agency Buy Recycled Campaign.

    State Agency Waste Management Programs:
    Recyling Coordinator:, (916) 341-6199
    Buy Recycled Campaign:, (916) 341-6199