Disposal Rate Calculator
- Select jurisdiction name and report year.
- Enter your Disposal Reduction Credits in the spaces provided.
- Both your population-based and industry employment-based annual per capita disposal rates will automatically be calculated and displayed in the results section at the bottom of the sheet, along with your 50% equivalent per capita disposal target for population and industry employment. Your population-based rate will be highlighted below to improve readability. If you have any questions about your population-based and/or industry employment-based targets, please contact your LAMD representative.
- For a more thorough explanation of the new measurement system, go to Goal Measurement: 2007 and Later.
- Changes to any reporting-year amounts must correspond to the same reporting-year used in this disposal rate calculation.
- Any changes to the default numbers are in italic with yellow background.
- Default numbers for the previous calendar year begin to populate in late spring, update concurrently with the Recycling and Disposal Reporting System (RDRS) until on or about June 15th with the release of the Electronic Annual Report (EAR), then lock to match the default EAR data after that date.
- The first five fields of the calculator display tons for different types of disposal as assigned in RDRS. While users cannot edit these fields, they can adjust the Reporting-Year Disposal Amount (tons) total and other fields to calculate a per capita disposal rate.